02 March 2007

First Week in Sydney: February 17-23


View of sunrise landing in Sydney, from my window seat on the plane. We "followed" the nighttime from LA to Sydney, staying in the dark for the entire flight. Slightly delirious from the trip, I was very grateful to have my Rotary host counselor (Cindy Lee) picking me up!




The Kings Cross train station.




My room at Eva's Backpackers in Kings Cross, home sweet home until I move in to Sydney University Village March 5!




The four of us shared the room above for my first week and ended our time together with a bbq on the rooftop of the hostel. From left to right: Tini-Tiny, me, Lucy, Stef.




First look! I met Alex Martiniuk, 2005 District 6330 Rotary Scholar, here at the Opera Bar. She is still in Sydney at the George Institute, which is also part of Sydney Uni, and will be enormously helpful over the next year as someone who has gone through the Ambassadorial program. Many thanks to Alex in advance... :)

No comments: