18 April 2007

5 - 6 - 7 - 8

"...do you know the difference between a 5, 6, 7, 8..."
And speaking of pilates, every dance class I've taken here so far has incorporated yoga and/or pilates moves into the warmup. This is serious stuff.

Since arriving in Sydney I've taken many different classes at two studios in the city. Here's me in the middle of a feisty pose in the "chory" at the end of a class at Urban Dance Centre (for those of you in Sydney - come to class at 1:00pm on Saturdays!):


The other studio is at Sydney Dance Company, which is on a wharf in Walsh Bay, on the water, on the other side of the Harbour Bridge from Circular Quay. Here's the exterior of the building, stretching the length of the wharf, with the cafe inside the entrance and four large studios behind:


In other news, I've been told these studios have student showcases in December - VERY excited to participate if possible!!! And, a special hello to all my BDC friends in NYC, save my spot!


No comments: